Mike's investor-minded approach has grown an 8-figure property portfolio predominantly in London and also the South East and abroad. With a diversified portfolio and a deeply analytical approach to investments, he has also attracted significant private co-investment into high-yielding London residential property. Mike is an active angel investor in PropTech, FinTech and marketplace businesses, including Hubble, AirSorted, YourWelcome, Switchee, Land Insight, Propoly, Office R&D, Urban Intelligence, Falcon DHQ, Rialto, AskPorter, Youtility, Movem, Landbay, Howsy, Rentuu, Infabode, Syndicate Room and both Pi Labs venture capital funds to date.
In this episode, Tom & Adam are joined by Michael Bristow, CEO of CrowdProperty and find out more about how peer-to-peer / crowdfunding is helping to solve the issues developers face to raise funds. Mike is an uber-successful entrepreneur and we discuss his journey and he shares a lot of the lessons he has learned.
· We find out Mike’s personal history and how he entered into the rental market as a landlord.
· What CrowdProperty is and how it lends differently to traditional lenders.
· How PropTech is revolutionising lending.
· The process of applying with CrowdProperty and how to present your application effectively.
· What red flags pop up when applying and how to avoid them.
· What are the exciting cases are and what CrowdProperty keep an eye out for.
· How CrowdProperty raise funds and the benefits to their investors.
· Mike’s market opinion and predictions with all the uncertainty in the market.
· Where to invest based on data generated from the CrowdFunding platform.
· Mikes advice for being a private landlord and investor.
· Is there still a place for landlords with only one or two properties? Or is there a better route to invest.
· Is build-to-rent to future of development?
· How do investors receive their returns with CrowdProperty?
· What excites Mike about PropTech and whats coming up!.. AI?