In 2008 Nick Watchorn, a landlord frustrated by the difficulty in finding good quality products for his rental properties, came up with a simple idea. He would bring together landlords from across the UK and collectively they would be able to negotiate better prices. As a consequence of his persistence LNPG was born and is now the fastest growing buying group for landlords in the UK.
In this episode Tom & Adam are joined by Nick and find out more about how the Landlords National Purchasing Group are helping landlords save money and improve quality as well as Nick’s entrepreneurial journey.
· We find out Nick’s personal employment history and how he entered into the rental market as a landlord.
· Nick’s disaster first purchases!
· How Nick built a portfolio of 30 properties pre-2008.
· The building of relationships with his tenants.
· How LNPG come about and its core purpose.
· Nick tells us how he works on behalf of landlords to improve service from manufacturers.
· Nick’s view on the tenant fee ban and government policy.
· Why Nick has avoided HMO’s and kept with purchasing houses.
· Nick name drops having dinner with Prince Charles!
· Tom and Nick share stories about nightmare tenants.
· Should there be a qualification to be a landlord?