You asked, we delivered! Thank you Murdo Ross for getting in touch and asking for a HMO special. We’ve wanted to do an episode on House of Multiple Occupancies for a while and when Tom saw a promotional video from DaySmith Ltd he knew he’d found the perfect guests.
In this episode we really go into lessons learned from HMO investing and a blueprint of how you can get involved in this market.
· We find out the backgrounds of Dan, James and Anne-Céline.
· How Dan & James first entered into the property market through a property development course and then how Anne-Céline joined them.
· The story behind buying their first project and why it was the worst deal they’ve done to date.
· How DaySmith LTD raise finance and use momentum investing.
· A breakdown of their HMO and property portfolio.
· Lessons learned from renting out to couples vs singles in HMO’s and the dynamics of people living under one room.
· Tricks to keep a happy HMO and looking after tenants.
· The stigma around HMO’s and how the market is evolving and professionalising.
· The HMO licensing processing and tips on how to effectively gain the correct licence.
· A new project to build out 2x 7 bed HMO’s and the planning permission process under permitted development.
· How the team find projects.
· The marketing Anne-Céline does and how this has helped grow their business.
· Whats next for DaySmith LTD and the future of the business. Including their up-coming training courses and HMO discovery days.