This week Adam is off enjoying himself on a family holiday so Tom is left to steer the ‘good ship Property Investors Podcast!’. Tom is joined by friend and Independent Financial Adviser, Oliver McDonald from Sentry Wealth (from IEP Financial).
Tom and Oliver discuss property investment from a financial advice side of things but also the alternatives to property for those looking to invest their funds.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
· Oliver’s career history.
· How Oliver responds to the question “I’m looking to invest in property”.
· How you can use a SIPP (Self-Invested Pension Plan) to purchase real estate and how its possible to raise finance against this.
· The opportunity to purchase ‘Property Funds’
· Property Share Funds. Investing in property companies on the stock market.
· Oliver answer the aged old question “I have £100,000, how should I invest it?”
· How pension freedoms impacted the market.
· How to setup your own pension plan and how much you should be saving for retirement.
· Will robo-advice be the end of the IFA?
· Risk profiling and what that means.
· Oliver & Tom’s shocking experience in taking a stock tip!
· USA China trade war and how it is affecting the markets.